Good morning! 🙂
What do you know? It’s another beautiful day in NYC! I started the day off with a bang with some strength training exercises and jump roping! I have been craving Greek yogurt, so I went out on a search to get some. Well, just a few doors down, Greek yogurt is pretty easy to come by in the city. 🙂 I got Greek yogurt, Cheerios, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and a banana. B-fast consisted of my all-time favorite concoction: Greek yogurt, a cup of cereal (Cheerios!), banana slices, cinnamon, Stevia/Truvia, 1 almond butter packet, handful dark chocolate chips. That meal always gives me the most satisfaction. It’s like dessert!
I just got my new SELF mag and I’m so pumped to read it. Possibly in the park today? I know I’m going to do a 30-min. interval run on the treadmill downstairs, and then go for a bike ride in Central Park. Maybe some lunch at Whole Foods? Sounds like a good day to me! I should probably squeeze in some studying and paper writing as well. 😉
1. Justin’s almond butter packets. I have always had issues with PB and almond butter portion sizes. What, 4 heaping spoonfuls isn’t the same as 1 tbsp? 🙂 So, I usually just buy the packets so that I’m not even tempted. Works well — I recommend it!
2. Truvia packets. Zero call sweetener with no additives. But, like with everything, moderation is key. I like to sprinkle some in my iced coffee or on top of blueberries!
3. Kettle ball workouts. My favorite move is the squat-and-swing. You bend down in a wide squat and swing the kettle ball between your legs and then come up straight and raise the kettle ball overhead. It’s a full body move and it’s FUN. 3 sets of 25 does the trick.
4. Country music, especially Lee Brice. His song “Love Like Crazy” is the perfect chill jam. Something about country music makes me feel incredibly good. I think it’s because it’s wholesome and down to earth. The world needs a little bit more of those qualities these days.
5. Sally Hansen Coral Reef Nail Polish. It slides right on and it the epitome of a summer-esque color.
OH and I was going to update ya on the health benefits of kale.
- No cholesterol
- No saturated fat
- Very little sodium (40 mg)
- Full of vitamins A, C and K
- Low in calories
- High in antioxidants
- Crunchy and delicious (well, not a health benefit, but it sure is…)
Remember to check out getfitgetlife.org 🙂