Wow. It has been awhile since I have been bloggin’ and I truly do miss it. Time to get back in the habit! Life has been busy with the internship, the schoolwork, the internship hunt (which is now over!), Get Fit Get Life, training for the NYC half marathon, and the breathing that goes on in between. 🙂
I’m going to start a “Friday Finds” because I am always finding new goodies (usually food items). Life as a foodie is fun. The finds can be anything though. Most will have to do with living a healthy lifestyle because that’s what I’m about. So, here we go!
- Brad’s Raw Kale Chips. With only about 140 cals a serving, this stuff is your snacking friend! I chow on kale chips when I get the urge to eat, but I don’t really need to be. Researchers have found over 45 different flavonoids in kale. These flavonoids contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. There are many spicy flavors, but I prefer my kale chips plain.
- Iced coffee. I have at least two a day. I know my caffeine consumption must be off the walls! Oh well. The best iced coffee I have had was from a little place on Park Avenue called George’s, but the Whole Foods variety with Truvia and almond milk is a close second.
- Summer Hits of the 90s Pandora station. Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind, Sublime… It just doesn’t get much better. Takes me back to summertime when I was younger.
- The Apache Blessing that I have posted on my desk where I can see it all the time. It reads: “May the sun bring you new energy by day, May the moon softly restore you by night, May the rain way away your worries, May the breeze blow new strength into your being, May you walk through the world and know it’s beauty all the days of your life.”
- Running in Central Park. I’m actually about to go do this because its 70 and sunny in NYC today. Nothing is better than running in Central Park on a beautiful day. There are gorgeous flowers blooming and pretty trees everywhere. An hour flies by while you are running there because of the sights. Between people watching and the flowers, your mind will be occupied. 🙂
I slept in this morning and had a wonderfully relaxing start to the day. I’m about to go to Central Park for my run and then read in the park and get some much needed vitamin D. It’s been quite awhile!
Happy weekend! Remember to check Get Fit Get Life for healthy reading!