Ahh, once again, I missed the Friday Finds. I should just call them “weekly finds.” I came home this Thursday for the first time since January. It has been as blissful as I imagined. NYC and Kansas are definitely different and they each have their positives and negatives. I think I can appreciate each place in it’s own right, but nothing beats family. I’ve heard the quote, “everything begins and ends with family,” and I truly believe that. It made me realize how lucky I am to have my older brother with me in NYC. Tomorrow, I will head back to the city to finish up internship #1, then I will be back for a week, and then up to the big apple again for internship #2. My life is all over the place right now, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love that I don’t know what’s coming next. What would be the fun in knowing? It’s the journey that is the meat of life. Why would you want that all set in stone? Along with that comes a lot of unknown and a somewhat blurry vision of the future, but I’ll take it! 🙂
1. Diet Limeade from Sonic. OK, well this isn’t really healthy, and not necessarily a find, but it’s damn good and part of the home experience. See? Look how happy I am!
2. Glamour “Vitamin G” blog. OK, well maybe I’m a little biased because I will be interning there this summer, but it has great information and recipes. It’s entertaining to read, too!
3. Long runs WITHOUT my watch. It makes working out feel effortless and relaxing. Try doing it at least once a week! I end up running about an hour when I do this, and I feel much more zen when I’m done. I’ve missed this view on my runs. It’s my own little Central Park. 🙂
See how GREEN everything is? Amazing!
4. The Yoga channel on Pandora. Listen to it on your cool down after a hard workout and you won’t regret it! I can’t believe I still had the rap jamming in my ears during my cool downs all of these years. I guess I’m becoming wiser. 😉
5. Sweet potatoes. So delicious and healthy. It almost feels like dessert! I’m convinced that steak soup, sweet potatoes and green beans is the best home cooked meal.
Time to write some papers for my online classes. Eek! Online classes make me feel like I’m not in school. I got one done last night, so just one more measly 5-pager to go! Back to the city life tomorrow!
Inspiration via my desktop: