This weekend was relaxing and fun and a much needed break from the daily grind. I saw Friends with Benefits, went see the plaza lights and squeezed some awesome workouts into my schedule.
Strength routine of the week:
– 6 sets of 16 reps for each exercise
Warm up with jump rope: 5 minutes – 40 seconds jumping, 20 seconds rest
- Lunges on incline (One foot on step) 16 on right, 16 on left = 1 set
- Squats holding 15 pd. dumbbells alt. with 1 minute wall sit (hold med. ball between knees for advanced)
- Tricep dips alt. with tricep push ups
- Bent row with 15 pd. dumbbells alt. with push ups (switch between incline, decline, reg.)
- Curl w/ shoulder press w/ 10 pd. dumbbells alt. with lateral raises (5 pds)
- Arm rotation – 1 minute alt. with frontal raises (5 pds)
So hard! It’s nice to get some workout variety back in my life. I have still been running though, just not quite as much.
I am SO excited for the launch of Get Fit Get Life. It has always been my goal to create an educational online magazine about health. The GFGL writers are amazing and passionate individuals. I couldn’t have asked for better writers and fitness gurus to contribute and inspire readers. 🙂
Sunday dinner was delicious a la PANERA:
- 1 cup veggie soup
- Chopped chicken cobb salad
- 1 apple
- 1 cup of coffee
Not a bad meal! I still need to satisfy my sweet tooth though. Yesterday, I bought Endangered Species MINT dark chocolate. I highly recommend it for all chocolate lovers.
A piece of advice to send you on your way…